SoundManager 2: Resources
- Getting Started
- Technical Notes
SoundManager 2 License
SoundManager 2 is provided under a BSD license.
General + Related
Other information about SoundManager 2.
Searching for an included/embedded-type media player? These related projects might be of use.
- jPlayer is a HTML5/Flash player which jQuery fans should feel at home with; several different players and skins are provided.
- Flowplayer is a pretty solid GPL Flash-based video player with a JS API.
- JW FLV Player is a general-purpose Flash-based player which can handle FLV, MP3, MP4 and a number of image formats.
- JSSoundkit, an MP3 player with a simple UI.
- SoundManager 2 Project Page (schillmania.com)
- Flash 8 / AS2 documentation (livedocs.macromedia.com) - download, open index.html under "main" subdirectory, use navigation: ActionScript 2.0 Language Reference -> ActionScript Classes -> Sound
- Flash Player Global Security Settings Panel - Configure your Flash Player security, eg., allow SM2 .swf on your local filesystem to have internet access for testing by whitelisting its location eg. file://Users/Administrator/Desktop/soundmanager... etc. Alternately, view the page over HTTP and access internet resources that way.
Scott Schiller (contact) is a Front-end Engineer (previously "Web Developer") who builds fun creative and technical stuff on the web - or failing that, tries - when he has free time. He likes building cool things which contribute to, yet enjoys mocking, the Web 2.0 meme. (See How Web 2.0-Aware Are You?)